Pursuing Happiness–Happiness is More Than what Meets the eye

Happiness can be portrayed in many forms and mistaken very easily. me along with everyone else has been confused by this question of “what true happiness is”. True happiness can be many things in a persons life. Happiness can be a person, talent, job, family, anything that fulfills you. It’s up to you to choose your path to true happiness and how it will make you feel. In my life I am still on my way to finding true happiness and what makes me the best version of myself. This journey is no pushover for sure, I’ve felt my fair share of lows, but the highs are the happiest time in my life.

Happiness can often be confused by materialistic items and perceived as wealth. This way of thinking couldn’t be more wrong, materialistic items are not anywhere close to the answer to true happiness. I found this out at a very young age, I have to say this is one of the best pieces of advice I was given that I carried on into further years. We all most likely been taught that lesson but it didn’t really appear in my life until I was older and had more materialistic items.

This is a lesson every one should learn at a young age and carry into adulthood to teach their children. If this is not passed down it will lead to future generations, making selfish and self centered people a part of our society. I am still on my road to finding true happiness and piecing together what makes me happy in my life. Finding happiness is a long journey and will take a long time but the payout will be immense. This lesson is and will be one of the most important, we must pass it on and give as many people as we can the map to true happiness.

Mark C