Life…In an Instant- Live Everyday Like It’s Your Last

On a daily we procrastinate. We procrastinate on ideas, plans, and work. These procrastinations stops us from living in the moment. We miss out on so many opportunities and new experiences in life just because we put our plans and ideas on a halt. So just think, what can we do to stop us from procrastinating? Well my answer for that is to think about what if today was your last day on Earth. Do you like how you’re living? Do you think you could have done better on that test if you studied ahead of time? Do you wish you could have spent more time with your family and friends? Do you wish you went on that simple trip you have been holding off on? These are the questions we should ask ourselves every time we think of procrastinating.

Everyday I think of holding work and plans off whether it’s studying for a test, hanging out with friends, or doing homework. Ever since I’ve started to procrastinate, I’ve realized how much of a toll it took on my everyday life. Before, I really never cared to hang out with friends, and the only reason why is because I thought there would always be time to make up for all the time’s  that I’ve missed. Unfortunately one year I was proven wrong. Someone     that I knew for years passed away.

This person is someone who to this day I wish I’ve gotten to know better. This person always tried to hang out with me but all I did was put him aside and ignore. He was someone who would never put his life before others. He was someone who honestly cared about others well-being before he even bothered to care about his own. He is a friend I will never forget no matter the age or struggle. So live everyday like it’s you last. Don’t procrastinate just because you think you’ll have time to make up for everything you missed. Spend time with that one friend because you’ll never know when it’s their last.

Amara M