A Lollipop Moment-Leading Is Not Always For Everyone

During life, there are people who are natural born leaders, the people who can talk louder than others and feel comfortable speaking in front of people. On the other hand, there are people who are not natural born leaders and are not comfortable with speaking in loud places and helping people out. If you are not the natural born leader people want you to be, do not rush into it. If you are getting use to things and leading up to become a leader, that is all that matters. Leaders can be people who take control of every situation or people who can provide support to people who are struggling.

In my life, I have not been the natural people have wanted me to be. During my life, playing soccer, my coach wanted me to lead and captain my team in 8th grade. I said yes, taking the leader ship role on. After the first day, I was extremely overwhelmed. Being a leader takes a lot of work and sometimes, it is not the best thing for people. Being the captain of the team for a couple of weeks, it got me use to doing the roles of a leader. I had to help the team out if they had a question and I helped out my coach with important tasks. All in all, that experience helped me become the person I am today.

All in all, leadership is a difficult role to take on. It all comes down to talking in public, being comfortable with people, and having the responsibility. If you think you are not able to become a leader, do not feel afraid to try it out. There is always that little moment of sunshine that can start something new. With that sunshine, you could become an amazing leader and person overall.

Luke E.