Pursuing Happiness-Happiness Comes from the Heart

Happiness is what I want to feel every day of my life. I want to feel happy with every breath I take, knowing to myself I am happy and in a good place with myself. But, what are truly the things that make me happy? Yes, I do get excited and feel great when I get the newest gadget or get to eat my favorite food, but what truly makes me feel happy. I have wondered this to myself for a long time now. If I think about it, the happiness I hope will never come for me and I will not feel it.

Feeling happy, takes awhile to feel. When I talk to someone, I hope to feel happy with the conversation and not awful. I believe one of the best things that can happen to me to make myself happy is getting a compliment said to me. When someone says something nice to me, out of the way, it makes me feel amazing about myself, but the real happiness comes from the person who said it. That person went out of their way to say something to me, which shows, they are in a great and happy place. They are pursuing the happiness we all want.

In my lifetime, I occasionally do feel sad. Sadness is a powerful thing in life that can affect and harm lives. But, I try not to be sad anymore. With sadness, there is always a positive or an outcome to change. With this, I try to follow the positive in the situation and boost my confidence. When I turn a sad situation into a happy one, it makes me feel extremely better than I did before. Happiness can and will always change my outlook on life and the problems I face throughout my life. Adding on, I know I always have people or things to turn to to make myself happier and enjoy life more.

Luke E.