Forgiveness–Become Stronger By Forgiving

Forgiveness is one of the hardest things to do in life. If someone hurts you then it’s either a decision to forgive or hold a grudge on them. I think everyone deserves second chances because everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect and people go through things that hurt them which may lead to them hurting others. Instead of being negative in a situation I think people should become positive.

People in my life have hurt me, but I’ve learned to forgive them. It wasn’t easy, but it all felt better in the end. I found out that forgiving others can make you stronger as a person and make you relieved. As I continue to grow I know that forgiveness will always be apart of me even if it takes time. I’ve experienced that you can’t forgive someone right away and certain situations might take some time to forgive. It might take years or days, but the most important part is the action of forgiving.

In today’s society forgiving someone is slowly becoming nonexistent. I think people tend to think that payback is the only way they’ll get what they want. Giving someone payback is just going to hurt you and the other person more. It won’t solve things at all and will only make things worse. If you forgive someone then it makes yourself and the other person feel good. There won’t be any tension between the two and it could make a relationship stronger. The only way to fix things and become stronger is by forgiving.

Lauren M