The True Meaning of Christmas-Jesus Christ, the Reason we Celebrate Christmas

If you have a younger sibling or cousin, you know when Christmas comes around the first thing they think of is presents. All they want is gifts and the cool gadgets just being released. Now, if I am being completely honest, I would have felt the same way as a younger child. Since I am older now, Christmas to me is a time for worshipping Jesus Christ and all he has done for us. He sacrificed his life for us and that is what Christmas is truly about, Jesus Christ.

On Christmas day, everyone awakes to see the presents under their tree to see what Santa got them. When I wake up and go downstairs, I notice all of the presents obviously, but I also recognize how happy my entire family is. I see my brother, with a huge smile on his face, and my mom happy that we are all happy. Christmas brings out the true joy in my family because we all get to spend time with each other and with Jesus.

Waking up on December 25th is a great feeling. Seeing all of the presents is incredible, but this upcoming Christmas, think about the true meaning. Having Jesus Christ with you all the time is amazing. He can guide you through thick in thin. So take Christmas, his birthday, the one day to worship him with you and your family to express the true meaning of Christmas.

Luke E.