Life… In an instant- You only live once- Make the most of it

So far in my 14 years of being on the earth, iv’e had certain points where I have made poor decisions that I wish I was able to change. At this point in my life I find myself making choices that are not impulsive and things that I would have to mend and fix. In order for me to live life without regrets and to live the best version of my life that I can. Sometimes if i’m mad at someone instead of throwing a response back that could be rude or get me into trouble, I find myself really thinking about my choices and their possible consequences. Also in order to live my life to the fullest I am much more daring then I used to be.

Maybe it came with age and less fear, but maybe it’s the lesson that I have forced myself to learn that if I am given an opportunity that I should take it. I have been extremely scared of bridges ever since I was little because of a situation that took place on the Golden Gate Bridge. We went to a very small island in the Florida Keys this summer, and we happened to drive to that key from the Miami airport. Since the Keys are all islands, we drove on bridges most of the time. At one point it was a very pretty sunset and people were swimming and jumping off the sides of the bridge into the ocean. We stopped on the bridge and something inside of me was pressuring me to jump with everyone else. It wasn’t a high bridge or anything so to my surprise as well as my families, without hesitation I leaped off of the bridge and landed in the water just fine.

From that day on i am no where near as scared of bridges as I was and I believe it is because of me thinking that I would never have that opportunity again and that I should just go for it. This was a turning point in my life considering I got over a huge fear of mine. I to this day would still be scared of bridges if it was for my “you only live once” attitude. As my situation was no where near as scary as Ric’s, it changed me. I have a much more daring personality when it comes to things like jumping off a high height. So next time you find yourself scared of doing something  just remember that your time on the earth is limited and that you should  just go for it.

-Nicole P.