The Power of Words = The Power of Love

Our words can have a huge effect on people.  Our words affect people’s feelings and we should all respect each other feelings. I’ve had rude comments ruin my whole day.  And I’ve had words that have made my day. Which person do you want to be, do you want to be the person who says something rude and has someone overthinking and feeling upset? Or do you want to be the person who gives someone a really nice compliment and makes them smile?

Today we hide behind social media and say cruel things thinking that it’s okay. Whether it’s in person or on social media we need to be kind. We already live in an unkind world full of war. So the least we can do is be at peace with each other. Even if you are very upset with someone you shouldn’t say any hateful words because there is a huge possibility that you might regret them later.

Think about what you say before you hurt someone’s feelings. Be the person that makes someone smile today.  Even a simple ” I like your shirt” can make someone smile.  If we can all use kind words we can make this world a better place.

Simone H.