Get in the Game….Save the Shoes Generosity

Every day I try my best to do at least one act of kindness. Whether it’s helping my mom with the dishes, or lending a classmate a pencil.  I don’t do this for praise or attention but because I want to. I want to help someone and show them that I care because I would want someone to do the same for me. The golden rule is to treat others the same way you want to be treated. And that’s simply what I’m doing.

Even though sometimes my kindness may go unnoticed I don’t mind because I just helped someone and that makes me feel good inside. We’ve become so selfish and self-involved we tend to think about what we can get out of things. Instead of what we can do for others.  Anne Frank said, ” No one has ever become poor by giving.”  So why don’t we help one another rather than ignore each other?

So the next time your mom comes home tired from work do the dishes for her. The next time a classmate needs a pencil give one to them. If you know someones behind you then hold the door for them. You’re just doing what you would want someone to do for you.

Simone H.