Forgiveness~The Power to Forgive

I know forgiveness is a hard task to do. I get that it hurts to forgive but once you do there is room for improvement. Even if you don’t think it will help it will over time. I have forgiven a bunch of stuff over the years. I have forgiven my cousin for leaving us the way he did. Even though it still hurts I can’t be angry at him forever.

I have forgiven my mom for not visiting my cousin when she needed her most and even yelled at me. She is like my sister and seeing her hurt and my mom refusing to see her made me really upset because I knew that she would have done anything to help my mom. Getting to the point now forgiveness is hard but you need to find the power and strength to forgive them.  It never gets easier then more you do it but the relationship will get better. I know it will take some time to forgive since it isn’t easy

Okay, put yourself in the other person’s shoes. You are the one asking for forgiveness how would you feel to know that that person would never forgive you? It hurts right so why would you want to pass on that hurt on someone else because you couldn’t find it in yourself to forgive them. Even asking forgiveness is as hard as giving it. Don’t pass on the hurt eliminate some of it.

Shaneila K.