Forgiveness– Are You Ready to Forgive?

Personally I think forgiveness is a very important skill someone can have. Forgiving someone can make a huge change in our world. It doesn’t only affect our past or present but it affects our future.  Forgiveness can really affect ones heart and soul. I have always believed in forgiving people. Sometimes I even forgive someone who has hurt me. I find forgiving someone so important because its not only making the forgiver healed but its making yourself feel healed too.

This past week I actually had to forgive someone. I have overheard someone say unkind words about me. I was very upset and it did take a lot out of me but, when the person came around and owned up to there mistake and asked forgiveness I accepted there forgiveness. In the moment I was still really upset and it still put a bullet in my heart but, after a few hours everything felt fine. The skill of forgiveness is very important because now this person and I are friends. Im very glad I forgave this person.

I also say always forgive but not forget. I think this is very powerful, and I can relate to this. I strongly think this because when you forgive someone you don’t wanna forget what you  were mad at them for because they can always turn back around and do it again. Lastly, I was always taught to give second chances. If someone messed up once, I always give them a second chance. I think this is a very big thing because what if what they hurt you buy was actually a mistake. Forgiveness is a very hard thing but if we all can forgive think of how much happier we would all be.

Natalie M.