Forgiveness- Only the strongest Forgive

You can tell what type of person a person is by the way they carry themselves. When I see people forgive others after they were treated poorly, I have a special respect for that person. It’s easy to forgive people with little things but most of the time it’s not easy. I know we’ve all heard the phrase “you forgive and forget”. They make it sound so easy, but the fact of the matter is that it’s not that that easy but only the weak hold on to stuff and keep grudges.

I’m not just going to act like I’m perfect because I’m not but everyday I try to be. I have had so many grudges and it’s not easy to forgive but I had to dig deep and forgive that person. Because when you don’t forgive you end up retaliating and that never ends up well. Then the other person will retaliate and now it’s a continuous thing where you and this other person keep throwing shots at each other.

I don’t always forgive but writing this blog has opened my eyes a tremendous amount and it makes me think about all the meaningless grudges I have with people. I need to change my ways because now it’s becoming a habit where when someone does something to me I just hold a grudge or I retaliate. Another thing I need to do is ask for forgiveness because it goes a long way. As a christian I need to forgive and forget because Jesus forgave so now it’s our turn because at the end of the day this is a test about strength because only the strongest forgive

-Edmund W