Forgiveness – Make The Future Brighter

In life, you will be hurt a countless amount of times. It can be almost impossible to forgive someone when they do you wrong. However, it is very important that you forgive the people that hurt you. This is because holding a grudge does not change what is in the past. People find it a lot easier to forgive things on smaller scale, but that does not change what happened. So, forgiveness is important no matter how large the hurt is.

Personally, I have been hurt by the people I thought to be my best friends many times. It got so bad at my old school with the people I loved that I moved schools. The person who I thought to be one of my best friends had been talking bad about me to other people and said even worse things to my face. After leaving, she reached out to me to apologize and tell me how she realized that what she said was not right and how sorry she was. I chose to forgive her, because even though what she was doing tore me apart, it was in the past now so we could only move forward in the future.

One thing that stuck out to me in the video was one part that said holding onto the bad parts of the past was blocking you from having a bigger brighter future. I appreciate this statement because it really proves that holding onto what happened in the past isn’t going to change the fact that it happened. Forgiving that person will only open up your future and possibly repair your relationship with that person from what was destroyed. Therefore, I believe that everyone, myself included, should begin to forgive the people who did you wrong. So, when will you make that change and begin to forgive people to make your life brighter?

Marissa G.